Monday 15 December 2014

Junoon

To celebrate my sister and my birthday, we chose to go to Junoon this year. She always wants something different from what she usually eats. She doesn't eat a lot of different cuisines. It's not that she's not adventurous. It's more that she doesn't go out of her way to explore and discover much like Mr. M&P and I. Anyway, I know that she doesn't have much experience with Indian food so I thought it would be a good idea to suggest fancy Indian food. Most people have some kind of pre-conceived notion of what Indian food is; And that's usually curry. Boring and wrong. It's so much more than that. And I for one, wanted to find out more about the cuisine too.



So we sat a very spacious table and spoke with the waiter. We asked him about the menu and what would be best to share. We went through many suggestions and ordered a good variety. But to start, the kitchen sent an amuse bouche of carrot soup with paneer. It was flavorful but light. A really nice easy start to the meal.

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment